PD118: 1840c-1920c English Beech/ Napier Family Archive (x8 in total) Including: A Daguerreotype (Beautifully Tinted By Kilburn), Tinted Ambrotype, Painted Miniatures and Tinted Photographic Portraits (By Photographer to the Queen Carl Vandyk)
1) Silver Print Photograph C1900 Portrait of Emily C. Beech’s Mother (Mrs Emily C. Madocks Senior) which was Originally Painting C1820 – Photo by William H. Grove 174 Brompton Rd (1847-1906). Grove was a servant to Robert Browning. He then went to work for Hollyers before opening his own studio. He took shot of the Royals and Browning, achieving a royal warrant in 1899.
2) 1847 (Dated) Mrs Beech (Emily C. Beech’s Mother – Mrs Emily C. Madocks Snr) Painted in Homberg (German School Miniature Portrait) – Also has a lock of her hair behind the image
3) 1840c Large Miniature Portrait of Emily Charlotte Madocks (Later Married James Beech) (c16 y/o) In Wood Frame – Alice C Madocks: Born 18th Aug 1823 in Llandyrnog Denbighshire North Wales to John Madocks and an identically named mother (Emily C. Beech) and Died 1913 (90 yo) St George Hanover Sq, London. Married James Beech (later divorced). Children: Alice M. Beech (Nee Napier) B1851; Charles M. Beech B 1856; Henry E. Beech B1857/8; Roland J.Beech B1854; Reginald Beech B1862. Full family history included.
4) 1851 (Dated) Delicately Tinted 6th Plt Daguerreotype Lady ID’d Emily Charlotte Beech (27 y/o) (Nee Madocks) By Kilburn – Still in original seals. Some marking on the glass but the plate is pristine. Alice C Beech: B 1823 D 1913 (90 yo) St George Hanover Sq, London. Children Alice M. Beech (Nee Napier) B1851; Charles M. Beech B 1856; Henry E. Beech B1857/8; Roland J.Beech B1854; Reginald Beech B1862.
5) 1859 (Dated) Pretty Young Girl 6th Plt Tinted and Painted Backdrop Ambrotyoe ID’d as Alice M. Beech (only daughter of Emily Charlotte Beech Nee Madocks), taken at Rhyl Wales in 1859 – Alice was born in Wolston , Staffs in 1851 and died in Chelsea in 1926. She married George C. Napier and had a son named Rupert G. C. Napier (B1886 St Georges London) and a daughter Sybil E. E. Napier (b1883 and d December 1962 Cheltenham).
6) 1911c Cased Oval Painted Miniature of Sybil E. E. Napier – daughter of Alice M Napier Nee Beech above) 1883-1962 (1911 London Catchpole & Williams Sterling Hallmark on the case – q-head-lion-c&w ltd).
7) 1915c Wood Framed Tinted Photographic Portrait of Sybil E.E. Napier (Beech Family) Likely By Photographer Carl Vandyk (daughter of Alice M Napier Nee Beech) 1883-1962.
8) 1920c Wood Framed Tinted Photographic Portrait of Sybil E.E. Napier (Beech Family) By Photographer to the Queen Carl Vandyk (Buckingham Palace Road) (daughter of Alice M Napier Nee Beech) 1883-1962.